What will apply from 25May 2018;
What is the General Regulation for Privacy or otherwise General Data Protection Regulation(GDPR);
How will it affect you in that regulation and how to prepare for this;
Why update and compliance are necessary;
What is the General Data Protection Regulation;
The GDPR here to stay! Is the new Regulation on data protection, EU citizens. Every person should know what treatment inflicted on personal data.
Are the citizens themselves should have control of their data. Ie to whom the trust and how he uses them.
Most, businesses and professionals will not be able to collect or process any information they wish without the consent of the citizen, unless you have the express consent of the personal data subject or not there are some specific legal grounds.
Already the Government is preparing legislation which will serve for the operation of EU Regulation in Greece.
The Regulation concerns all citizens and was created to protect their data from any mismanagement of the companies and professionals to whom the trust.
It creates so, a framework of rules and procedures which must be implemented by any company that collects personal data (minutes, almost all businesses and professionals).
For businesses and professionals must now act in accordance with the Rules for each action or the communication with customers and suppliers or their employees, or extrapolation and marketing even if it is done with traditional methods or online.
It also concerns in many cases the relationship with authorities and how maintenance obligations to them. All businesses are required to comply to him and immediately.
The new general regulation concerns especially companies that manage highly-processed sensitive personal data, as hospitals, the clinics , clinics etc. and which process (store) particularly personal data on their patients for diseases, treatments, medication, relationships with social security funds and insurance companies etc..
Companies and professionals must protect the personal data that maintain and provide proof of consent from the person, and its updating, including, about :
• the duration of treatment(how long that will be the company's data and will be managed.
• the reason for which it collects.
• the officer contact information for the security of personal data
• appropriate disposal of assets to third parties and if so, to whom and with what purpose.
• the ability to make removal of the consensus and request the deletion of data.
• the possibility to request the correction of information if considers it wrong.
• the possibility of data transfer of.
Also, it is essential that every business-professional to ensure data protection from malicious or fraudulent acts, or by a natural disaster, or some hardware failure, or by erroneous actions of staff.
Under Regulation, any business-professional should, including, to:
• shield computers, the LAN and all the information systems of technical means to tackle any malicious action.
• ensure the preservation of data in case of disaster, error, material failure.
• minimize or eliminate the consequences of a leak or loss of data due to unforeseen situations
It provides very high penalties and fines (to 2.000.000 Euro or to 4% annual turnover whichever is higher) the Supervisory Authority for breaches of procedures .
Companies and professionals are required to comply with the requirements of the new regulation because otherwise are exposed to risks such:
Complaint of unfair competitor
Data destruction by accident or malicious actions
All nature-theft data theft
Complaint-affected citizen protest
Responsible supervisory authority for Greece is the Data Protection Authority